These guidelines cover the utilization of the following areas:
Holding Area One (1) – Hospital Driveway
Serves as the Initial Waiting Area for all patients entering the hospital except for emergency cases.
The following shall be accommodated:
- Patients for OPD Consultation
- Dialysis patients
- Ambulatory patients
- Patients for OPD Diagnostics and Laboratory Examinations
- Suppliers and Collectors
- Patient’s Visitors/Relatives
Note: Entry point: Glass door (Besides the Industrial & Occupational Medicine Office)
Triage Area One (1) – Hospital Ground Floor (Glass Door)
Initial screening shall be conducted by the designated person or the Triaging Officer/Resident on Duty by:
Screening for COVID-19 and other related cases:
- Taking of temperature and necessary vital signs
- Filling out of the Screening form and other history taking materials
- Clearance from the Triage Area One (1) shall be given to all patients that will be referred to Triage Two (2) for further screening, processing of documents and consultation.
The signed Clearance Form shall serve as the entry pass to the following areas:
- Triaging Area Two (2) (3rd floor Auditorium or 4th Floor Regular Clinics)
- Dialysis Units 2nd & 7th floor
- Ancillary Services
- Ambulatory Unit
- Other support areas with direct patient interactions (Medical Records, PT-Rehab, Pharmacy, CSR etc.)
- For suspected COVID-19 patients, referral to Emergency Room shall be conducted and DOH recommended algorithm shall be applied.
Note: Radio Communication shall be used for proper channeling of patients from one triage area to another.
Triage Area Two (2)
- 3rd Floor Physical Therapy & Rehabilitation Medicine (Glass Window)
- Dialysis Units - 2nd & 7th floor
- Ancillary Services - Ground floor
- Ambulatory Unit – 3rd floor
The following activities are conducted here:
- Registration of all patients to Hospital Information System
- Verification of clearance form for its completeness.
- Processing and approval of all HMO’s and other Guaranteed Letters (GL)
Note: HMO & Guaranteed Letter (GL) from PCSO and DSWD shall be processed prior to the consultation and performance of Ancillary Services.
Holding Area Two (2)
- 3rd Floor Hospital Auditorium – Patients for OPD Consultation
- 7th Floor Dialysis – vacant space in the 7th Floor
Designated areas - Ancillary Services
- The above areas shall serve as the final waiting area for all patients
- Educational Video Presentation or Hospital Promotional Advertisements shall be played as part of the hospital’s health teaching and marketing.
- Countersigning by the respective personnel shall serve as a clearance before leaving the area.
- The signed clearance form shall be presented to the Security Guard on duty before leaving the hospital premises.
Improvised Clinics (Tent)
- Area for the consultation of patients provided with tables, chairs, and other materials in the clinic.
- Structurally prepared for consultation with partition between Doctors and Patients
Regular Clinic Rooms
- Area for the consultation process
Donning and Doffing Areas
Separate areas for wearing and disposing of PPEs